Menu
Tjowen74
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ANNOYED

I have been with VM now for over 12 mths. I decided we as a family could do with an upgrade on our tv package. I spoke to a young lady through the chat last night and was told we could have the mix bundle for £95.88 mth, I was happy with this and said yes. But I'm not the account holder and they needed to speak to him. He rang to get it started. The young man on the phone basically told us that the price told was for new customers and people who have been with them for 12mths or more. Therefore I'd have to pay £109 a mth. There was no reply after being told I'd been with them for 12 mths, my son got annoyed and buttoned him as he wasn't listening to a word he was saying. Not a happy customer.😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: ANNOYED

Hi get your son the account holder, to phone during office hours, and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK and explain politely what he wants and see what can be done.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Tjowen74
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky, I will try that and see what happens.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As Micky said.....  Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046) - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tjowen74
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you jbrennand. Will try anything. It really annoyed their whole attitude about it. Seems as if your a customer already then it's tough with the offers. 

0 Kudos
praxis
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Tjowen74 wrote:

Thank you jbrennand. Will try anything. It really annoyed their whole attitude about it. Seems as if your a customer already then it's tough with the offers. 

New customers always get the best deals long term ones get a slight discount try 150 and as stated above not saying you will save a fortune but you will get something off.

0 Kudos
Tjowen74
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I know praxis. Think that's the most annoying part of all this. 

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

£109 for Mix Bundle??? What else is bolted on to that? Extra TV boxes, international calls, VIVID 350 broadband etc. Because the standard price for that bundle (Mix TV, VIVID 100 + Talk Weekends) is £58 per month without any discounts...

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Tjowen74
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nothing I don't think apart from all that you stated. Think it's a 9ct gold box and all the gadgets by the sound of it to be honest. I thought it was steep. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi TJowen74, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your experience on the phone wasn't the best. 

We're not able to look at package changes here via the Community so you will need to give the team another call. 

It's best to make sure your son is with you at the time so he can confirm it's OK on the same call. Sometimes more experienced agents have ways of adding other discounts which could be why the cost was lower on the first call. 

Come back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos