Menu
Woodentom
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

+800 1836404 is this from virgin media

hi

i have been rung by +800 1836404 on over 10 occassions in the last few days. i don't answer it as no voice message is left and it looks like a dodgy number. 

i read somewhere that it may be virgin media india trying to call me

has anyone answered this number and do you know what it actually is

thanks

0 Kudos
Murmles
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: +800 1836404 is this from virgin media

I've had the same thing, 12 times i think this week.  Spoke to them once (its a work phone so wan't to worried).  They started to talk about deals, despite our only joining virgin in December.  Wanted to confirm my address and at that point I pressed them on what the call was about before I give out any details.  Pointed out the dodgy number and eventually they hung up on me Smiley Happy

Very frustraiting though.  Looks like there have been a few other posts on this formun and it seems like the calls might be legit, but in this day and age it I wouldn't trust it.

Far from making me feel warm and fuzzy about possible offers, it just makes me think so one is trying to get my personal details for dodgy reasons.

Weird number, dodgy sounding call centre, calling several times a day - even when you have told them to not phone.  Not good!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: +800 1836404 is this from virgin media

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the forums. 

I can confirm the number is one of our Outbound Sales Teams. It's strange that it's coming up as +800 though. It should be 0800. 

If you'd rather not receive any Sales calls, let me know and we can get your marketing preferences changed Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos