cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 Amazon voucher welcome gift

J-Rawding74
Joining in

Think first time around j posted as a reply to another post so will try again.

I signed up to Virgin Media broadband through a 3rd party website in July and despite numerous attempts to contact broadband choices who I ordered through I am being totally ignored. I have tried using Twitter , Facebook and also sending an email via theDecision Technologies Support Team at customerservices@broadbandchoices.co.uk and quoted the CH number they said to use if any issues. I know this is not direct through yourselves but would really appreciate help resolving this as it is totally unacceptable. I assume as a company you pay for them to promote your services and or also pay commission for each member that signs up through their links and promotions so therefore should have a line of communication through them to conduct business. Looking online it seems this is far from a 1 off and does need to be addressed as people sign up to contracts because of the promotions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi J-Rawding74,

Thanks for coming back, please do let us know how you get on, fingers crossed this will ger resolved for you and you receive your Voucher ASAP.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @J-Rawding74

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received your Amazon gift voucher yet, I understand this must be frustrating. Firstly, I can see there's an error with the email address you have been contacting. The email should have a dot in it, please try emailing:

customer.services@broadbandchoices.co.uk with your CH number and keep us posted on when you hear back from them.

Best wishes,

Serena

Thanks for getting back to me Serena and inhale sent another message regarding this , previously also sent to vouchers@broadbandchoices.co.uk as that was a direct link from mail they sent but had no reply there either. I will leave it a couple of days and let you know if I have had no joy by the end of the week. Thanks for your help with this.

Hi J-Rawding74,

Thanks for coming back, please do let us know how you get on, fingers crossed this will ger resolved for you and you receive your Voucher ASAP.

Regards

Paul.

Hi guys , 

As I suspected it has been 5 days since I messaged and still no response from broadband choices and I can only assume after multiple attempts to contact them they have no intention of replying. Could you advise me as what to do next please as clearly through the contact options they provide it gets you nowhere.

I am sorry you're still waiting on a response Rawding74,

Sadly this isn't something we're able to help with, as it's a third party offer.

You would need to wait for a response from the email.

Alex_Rm

I understand this is through a 3rd party offer but you as a company allow these to promote your services and either pay them to advertise or per customer gained through their links as this is how these sites work. Surely as you use broadband choices to gain business you have contact details for them including a phone number that they will actually answer so I can sort this out directly with them. As much as you rightly say it is a third party offer as previously stated you allow them to push customers towards you on a daily basis and morally should be ensuring they fulfill their promises given during sign up. From my point of view I signed up to your services on the full understanding the gift voucher was coming and if this will not be forthcoming I have been duped into a contract under false pretences. 

I am sorry J-Rawding74, I appreciate your frustrated.

The contact details for them would be listed on the email, sadly we do not have any other details for them.

Alex_Rm

So even though on 08/07/2021 Virgin Media sent me an update on the voucher thanking me for submitting my details and asking me to add no-reply@giftcloud.com to my safe list to ensure I get the voucher you as a company take no responsibility at all?? If this is the case then I guess I have to accept that you as a company are more than happy to see customer falsely lured into contracts via false promises and by allowing these sites to do this also condone this behaviour. Would you have the number for a customer services manager please so I can speak to somebody direct as if I do not resolve this in the very near future I will be classing this as a breach of the contract I have taken out and cancelling my subscription . I do not want to do this but will not be taken for a fool as so many many others seem to be via these loopholes. 

I do appreciate your frustrations, and I'm sorry this isn't something we can help with.

This is a third party offer, as such not something we can chase or issue. 

You can find all related help here and here

Alex__Rm