cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

43” LG TV

Lufcsiy
Joining in

On the 20/09/2022 because of x2 previous installation appointments cancelled by virgin we was installed as virgin stated I could have either a £200 credit or a 43” LG tv I picked the tv for our daughters bedroom after numerous phone calls which I am bored of making now we still are no nearer to getting what we signed upto. I have logged x2 complaints online which the most recent was 38 days ago but both complaints I have not even had a reply or anything everytime I ring virgin I just get a different scenario about the tv it’s a joke. I just want this resolving now. Also in future do not entice the public into offers that you obviously cannot fulfil as 73 days from installation and still nothing is a disgrace and to not even acknowledge not 1 but 2 complaints is not very good at all. I look forward to somebody getting in touch with some proper explanation or answers.

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you were offered and accepted the offer of a free TV by a VM agent either to enter a new contract, or as a decision when already in a contract, then that's legally binding on VM (Section 50 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015).  Now, I'm sure the forum staff can sort this out, if they can't (including any attempt to fob you off to a third party company) then you need to escalate the formal complaints to an organisation called CISAS, who work much like the Energy Ombudsman.  I wouldn't be surprised if an agent made you this offer, put nothing through on the system, and VM will dishonestly try and weasel out of their obligations under the Consumer Rights Act, if that's the case then CISAS are your only friends.

There's two ways of taking a complaint to CISAS - either the complaint is eight weeks old and you are still unhappy regardless of whether VM have closed ot lost the complaint, or issued one of their usual poorly worded resolutions, alternatively before that eight weeks you need to have received a resolution letter in reply to a complaint, where you're not happy with the resolution offered, and replied by rejecting that and asking for a deadlock letter.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lufcsiy,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some problems claiming a TV Gift that came as part of your package with us. I've had a look on our side and can see that our Rewards Team have been processing this, and raising this directly with our 3rd-Party partner, Exertis, who dispatch the item.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into getting this sorted for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Lufcsiy
Joining in

On the 20/09/2022 because of x2 previous installation appointments cancelled by virgin we was installed as virgin stated I could have either a £200 credit or a 43” LG tv I picked the tv for our daughters bedroom after numerous phone calls which I am bored of making now we still are no nearer to getting what we signed upto. I have logged x2 complaints online which the most recent was 38 days ago but both complaints I have not even had a reply or anything everytime I ring virgin I just get a different scenario about the tv it’s a joke. I just want this resolving now. Also in future do not entice the public into offers that you obviously cannot fulfil as 73 days from installation and still nothing is a disgrace and to not even acknowledge not 1 but 2 complaints is not very good at all. I look forward to somebody getting in touch with some proper explanation or answers.SINCE I HAVE ALREADY PUT THIS QUESTION ON HERE AND A VM PERSON HAS SAID ITS BEEN PROCESSED ASWELL AS A VM PERSON WHEN I RANG 2 WEEK AGO SAID EXACTLY THE SAME THING I HAVE JUST COME OFF THE PHONE TO EXERTIS (delivery company) who state 100% they have received nothing from Virgin this is a shambles and it’s disgusting GET THIS SORTED NOW.

from a very unhappy NEW customer 

Lufcsiy
Joining in

?????? Could I have an update please as you seem to just ignore people and say the same thing over n over!!!!