cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days notice but still being billed

Garyconvery76
Tuning in

Hi just wondering if anyone can help? 

I was on ultimate oomph bundle, discounted to £79 for 18 months, I called to terminate my contract on the 12 of July (30 days notice) before the 18 month probation price ended. I'm or getting billed from the 10th of August - 9th September.. **bleep** is almost 2 months after initially cancelling? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @Garyconvery76 

You are billed up until the date of cancellation. Your 30 days notice is covering two billing periods.

Since you called on 12th July then your 30 days notice would end at midnight on 11th August.

Your monthly bill was produced as usual you were billed for the period 10th August to 9th September. 

You will receive an amended Final bill which credits your account for the extra charges for the days after your 11th August.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @Garyconvery76 

You are billed up until the date of cancellation. Your 30 days notice is covering two billing periods.

Since you called on 12th July then your 30 days notice would end at midnight on 11th August.

Your monthly bill was produced as usual you were billed for the period 10th August to 9th September. 

You will receive an amended Final bill which credits your account for the extra charges for the days after your 11th August.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you, that makes sense.. I'll wait until the final bill comes in and not the monthly bill 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Garyconvery76

Thank you for posting on our community forum and good morning.

The above advice from NewApollo is entirely correct, please keep us updated once you receive the final bill so we know this is all clarified for you 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs