cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£25 charge

shaunuk1988
Joining in

Hi ide like to know why I've been charged £25 when I never agreed to a technician visit I was speaking to someone on here and they asked if I would like to be booked in for a tech visit but I totally forgot to reply to it  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you actually receive a visit from a VM tech or were you charged but no actual visit took place?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you actually receive a visit from a VM tech or were you charged but no actual visit took place?

I did yes but I never agreed to the visit I was asleep at the time they attended (I work nights) I never got an email or text about a technician being booked 

Morning shaunuk1988

Thanks for coming back to the community. I am sorry to hear of this dispute. 

This was advised about the charge in the last PM sent on the 12th September. The charge therefore would be valid I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

So what you're saying is you can can just give out appointments to customers without agreeing to a time and date 

So the PM was to get some more details as you were experiencing technical issues. This was a tech visit at the end of the diagnostics ran. We did advise of this and everything relating the charge which I will include below;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

As such, we've made you aware of this. We sadly received no reply to that PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@shaunuk1988 wrote:

So what you're saying is you can can just give out appointments to customers without agreeing to a time and date 

If you had explicitly agreed to the visit, then VM are correct, and you have to pay the £25.

If you didn't explicitly agree to a potentially chargeable visit, then there's no valid legal basis on which VM can charge you.  If this is the case I'd suggest you raise a formal written complaint, and when that is fobbed off, reject the "resolution", asking for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you escalate to the complaints adjudicator CISAS

Forum staff, indulge me if you will by reminding me how much is the full adjudication fee that's always charged to VM for a CISAS complaint?