Menu
RyanK1992
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

2 months in.... billing issues already!

Hey there,

I'm really hoping someone on here can give me some help and advice because I'm getting absolutely nowhere with customer services at the moment Smiley Sad 

I was originally in the process of cancelling my contract under the 14 days cooling off period because my wifi was incredibly poor in the home. I then received a call from Virgin offering me free powerline adapters and an extension of my cooling off period if I gave them another chance. This was obviously very generous so I of course took out this option and everything was working absolutely fine Smiley Happy

My first bill came to around £94 give or take. I then found out my Direct Debit had been cancelled and virgin said it was never set up ( I took out the QuickStart option that makes you set up a direct debit or you cannot proceed with this option).  When I went to pay online, there was a £58 credit showing on the account leaving £36 outstanding. Any time I tried to pay it would constantly inform me that £36 was outstanding on the account. I paid this, and the account was clearly showing at £0. 

Fast forward to bill number 2 and it's yet again £95.... go onto question this and I'm told it's because I never paid my bill properly last month. So this £58 credit that was applied has been pushed forward to this bill and I'm just being told to pay it or my account will be suspended and closed over.

I'm in a position where I cannot afford to pay such a high bill. The account clearly showed a £0 balance so there has clearly been confusion at some point ; whether on my behalf or Virgin's but when a system tells me that the bill is paid I go with this.

Can anyone help.... it's really not been the best of experiences and I can't get any other answer from Customer Service apart from just pay it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 months in.... billing issues already!

Hi RyanK1992, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there's been some issues with your billing. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos