cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 hours 30 mins of my life getting nowhere with enabling volt benefits.

VirAlexS
On our wavelength

Hello

I ordered an O2 sim online via O2 store on 3rd January 2022 (O2 Sim Unlimted 12M 5GB).

I also ordered on 3rd January Virgin Media Broadband on Virgin website (M100 Fibre Broadband).

All the blurb I read said I was entitled to Volt benefits for both services, therefore my O2 data would double to 10Gb, and my M100 Fibre broadband would double in speed once enabled.

Once my phone was up and running with the new SIM I informed O2 that I was with Virgin and they enabled my 10Gb allowance:.

mycare@o2mail.co.uk stated in the email on 18th January:
Hello, We're just confirming that your Volt benefits are now active.

Virgin (Volt@virginmedia.co.uk) also contacted me (even though I hadn't got broadband up and running yet) about benefits and I got an email on 20th January:

Thanks again for joining Virgin Media and O2 – you’re now eligible for exclusive Volt benefits.

Our records show that your Virgin Media broadband speed boost couldn’t be applied when you signed up.

We’ll arrange to add your broadband speed boost to your account from [29/01/2022] and will confirm when it’s live.

Everything was set up, all I had to do is wait for an engineer to install broadband which happened on 29 January. After it was done I noticed that the speed was only 100mb/s, and the engineer told me it should take 24 hours or so for the 200mb/s volt benefit to kick in, otherwise I should contact Virgin.

On Sunday evening I contacted Volt@virginmedia.co.uk and asked them to up the speed as promised. So far no response.

Today (1st Feb) the double broadband speed still hadn't kicked in, I couldn't find anywhere to contact virgin online so I raised a complaint (C-010222767). 

Later however I decided I wanted this dealt with faster and gave 0345 454 1111 a call where I was put on hold for 45 mins. When I got through and explained the situation (my broadband speed needs doubling as I'm entitled to volt).... the guy at the end said he had no record of Volt benefit and said he will put me through to O2. I said that my issue wasn't with O2 (they know I'm with Virgin and I'm already on Volt with O2), my issue was with Virgin not doubling my speed on 31st Jan, and Virgin have already confirmed via emailed they are doubling my speed (see bold italics text above). He then totally ignored what I said and put me through to O2, who predictably could not help me and told me to ring Virgin again.

So I rang Virgin again, the automated system immediately told me they to ring back later.

So I rang yet again, and spoke to a lady who said I was on the wrong contract and therefore I was not entitled to Volt. I then read back the email stating that Virgin are enabling my Volt benefits (see bold above), and I pointed to her to various website stating I was eligible however she wouldn't do anything. She said I should have ordered the O2 SIM through the Virgin media website.

However, she is wrong, and trying to explain this to her fell on deaf ears.
https://www.virgin.com/about-virgin/latest/introducing-volt-virgin-media-o2s-new-supercharged-servic...

Volt is available to both new and existing customers, offering exclusive benefits no matter what broadband package or eligible Pay Monthly plan they choose. Those new to either Virgin Media or O2 will be able to upgrade to Volt when they add relevant services to their connectivity line-up. Existing customers of both Virgin Media and O2 just need to enrol via MyO2 to get their services supercharged.

After a great deal of time going round in circles, she then offered to move me to their apparent Volt package, I then asked how much it would be, she said it would cost the same. Later she changed her mind and said that as I wasn't a new customer it would be an extra £20 (or so), Remember I've only been on Virgin for a few days. That was unacceptable. After going round in circles, telling her what the websites say about Volt, and telling her the emails I've received (see bold text above) she simply would not move from this position.

At that stage I asked to speak to a team leader, she said she couldn't transfer me to a team leader until my complaint was closed (C-010222767). I said fine please close the complaint, and she said she couldn't. I said please contact somebody who can close the complaint, she said she couldn't contact that department.

Looking at the auto generated response from my complaint it stated:
please give us up to 28 days to look into things properly.

So in effect I cannot talk to anybody else for potentially up to 28 days....

And that was 2.5 hours of my life going nowhere. Virgin won't help me.

What now? Virgin needs to enable my Volt benefits and double my broadband speed.

Thx.

16 REPLIES 16

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi VirAlexS,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear about the confusion you have had trying to get your VOLT benefits added on to your Virgin Media account.

We can certainly understand the frustration caused, especially as you have received the email to advised you will get these.

So, we can make sure you're on the correct package to get the speed upgrade, I am going to pop you over a private message and take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

VirAlexS
On our wavelength

Done.

VirAlexS
On our wavelength

So I got messaged and the operative passed my issue to somebody else as they are away till Saturday.

Since then no communication.

However my speed doubled yesterday and my package changed from M100 to M200.

So now I'm asking for clarification that my bill doesn't change, and also making sure I'm still entitled to a £75 voucher at beginning of June. I'm worried that may be screwed up because I changed contract.

I've messaged them back, hopefully will hear on Sat.

Hi VirAlexS, 

Thanks for posting back here. 

As your speed has doubled it certainly sounds as though the Volt benefit has been applied for you. 

In terms of the vouchers, as you joined through a third party, they would come directly from them so this is something you would need to check with them regarding. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

VirAlexS
On our wavelength

It came though Virgin Media, see below..

Thx.

Screenshot_20220203-185924.png

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @VirAlexS 

You will have used the direct link from the third party to access the VM website and order your package.

As per the screenshot you provided,  the Amazon Vouchers are via a third party giftcloud.

Add no-reply@goftcloud.com to your safe sender list and they will keep you updated on the progress.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

You get the scenario?

1) I sign up for a gift card, third party

2) I sign up for M100 and qualify for volt benefits.

3) My speed gets upgraded, and my package gets changed, and I'm put on a new contract (without being consulted).

4) Technically I'm now on my second package/contract and now I'm not a new customer. (Virgin has already played that card on me, see first post).

5) Gift card company says - Sorry you're not a new customer and therefore disqualified from offer.

In this scenario I would expect compensation from Virgin.

Hi @VirAlexS, do please continue to liaise with the agent you're in a private messaging conversation with and we'll have this issue resolved for you as soon as possible 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

VirAlexS
On our wavelength

And now the internet is down.

Couldn't make this up!!!

I'm fuming.