cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 digit area code reference

nfs6002
Joining in
hi...what is the 2 digit area code for coventry?..i just got started with virgin media and i want to register but i didn`t get my first bill yet so i really don`t know where to look for that code :-?? My postcode S6 3HJ
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

The welcome pack which you should have received from VM prior to install would have included a paper contract. The contract would list, three digits long, for example, 011. Just remove the 0 and you have your two digit area ref. number. Also, the 'contract number' on the contract lists it. For example (fake contract number): 011/123456789/1

Some posts here suggest that your area ref. number could be 14. Give that a try.

And a tip of the future, if calling in from a number that is either not your contact number for VM or your VM landline, go with the account details path, either key in nonsense or or key nothing in. After 2 failed passes/nothing put in twice, it will let you into the main menu. Which is helpful if you ever forget your account number/area ref and need to call in urgently for support.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

168 REPLIES 168

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

The welcome pack which you should have received from VM prior to install would have included a paper contract. The contract would list, three digits long, for example, 011. Just remove the 0 and you have your two digit area ref. number. Also, the 'contract number' on the contract lists it. For example (fake contract number): 011/123456789/1

Some posts here suggest that your area ref. number could be 14. Give that a try.

And a tip of the future, if calling in from a number that is either not your contact number for VM or your VM landline, go with the account details path, either key in nonsense or or key nothing in. After 2 failed passes/nothing put in twice, it will let you into the main menu. Which is helpful if you ever forget your account number/area ref and need to call in urgently for support.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nfs6002,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Virgin Media. It's great to have you registered with the Community too 🙂

Checking the Postcode, I can confirm Shelke is right. Your area reference is 14.

If you have any further issues registering for My VM or viewing your bill, let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

What a ****** shambles. The virginmedia media website hasn't been allowing me to set up a virgin media account for the past two weeks.

The new page to register needs the reference code, however as the virgin salesperson who signed me up put in the wrong e-mail address for my account  I can't access my e-billing info. The contract sheet I have doesn't have the area reference code on it, hence I can't register.

Took two weeks to get the wifi I was paying for actually working because I was unable to register account, eventually someone was able to skip me past this process over the phone. Ridiculous for a company with the size and resources of Virgin to take so long to deal with the signing up fiasco.

Hence, could someone please tell me the area reference code for Newcastle, UK?

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi stinkee, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear you've been having an issue logging on to your My Virgin Media account. 

The Area Reference for your account is: 2

It's worth noting that as an account has already been set up, you wouldn't be able to re-register now. Instead, follow the steps to the forgotten password link. 

Your email address to log in is showing exactly the same as the address used to log in to the Forums 🙂 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Are you able to tell me my area reference 2 digit code?? Postcode is SN3 3HB. Thanks

Many thanks - I will try 14. thanks again.

Knudson90
Joining in

Hi i need the area code 

Grays essex

Rm175la

Hi Knudson90,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 🙂

Your area reference is: 6

If you have any further issues, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Any idea of the area code for Crawley, West Sussex code please?