cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts - can't log in to one to change settings

Stu1953
Joining in

I've seen similar problems but they seem to have been resolved offline. I cancelled my subscription and later set up a new one but whenever I log in, I am taken to the old one as I signed up with the same email address. How can I sign into my new acvount to view details and amend settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stu1953, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and confirming all is resolved for you now. 

In terms of new broadband accounts, they no longer include the email option I'm afraid so you'll be unable to create a virginmedia email address. You will need to look at creating one with a mail client instead. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stu1953

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the online account. 

How long has it been since you were last a customer please?

Is your former account now disconnected in full? To clarify, have the services for that property now been disconnected and final bill received?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Stu1953
Joining in

Thanks Vikkie. Yes, first account is disconnected. Equipment is being collected tomorrow. I have received final financial details but not the refund due yet - not sure it that is a 'final bill' 

Hi Stu1953, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It sounds as though we may need to do what's called a move and transfer which will basically move your My VM log in details over to the new account. In order to do this, the old account needs to be fully disconnected and the new account fully active and installed. 

To check on this, I will need to clarify a few details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Stu1953, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and confirming all is resolved for you now. 

In terms of new broadband accounts, they no longer include the email option I'm afraid so you'll be unable to create a virginmedia email address. You will need to look at creating one with a mail client instead. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team