cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18month deal.

Deantunney
Tuning in

Hi. I took out a 18month deal in July with a welcome discount for 18months, I can view my contract that confirms this. But my bills say my welcome discount finishes this August only 12months in.. Anybody had this issue, worried my bills will suddenly shoot up in August when it should be an 18month deal. 

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Deantunney

Sorry to hear this, does your contract show the end date of the discounts to be August as well or is it just the bills that show this?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It's shows it as an 18 month welcome discount but then also has the earlier finishing date? Sure 18 month discount is as it states, that's incredibly misleading if not.. 

I'll drop you a PM @Deantunney so I can check my end and confirm once we clear DPA.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for taking the time out to speak with me via PM @Deantunney

Glad we could get this sorted for you and a resolution has been agreed. 

You know where we are should you have any further issues.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

This is still ongoing and now I have been charged over for the last 2 months. I had a phone call from an operator saying that I would continue the deal for 18m from August but it never happened and upon calling back I’m told I wasn’t entitled to it and shouldn’t have been offered it. So I complained again to be told they’ll be a managers investigation into it and if I was offered it on the phone it’ll be honoured. Still not done. Still waiting and can’t get in touch via phone to discuss now. I have the chats on here and the phone call with a note on the account, I don’t get what’s taking so long to look into it? 

Hi Deantunney, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community to advise you're still having an issue getting things sorted. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Deantunney, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm glad we were able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team