cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 days without any Virgin Services

JIMMY62
Joining in

Today is the 14th day where I have been without any virgin services (TV / Broadband / Phone).

Due to damage by workmen in our street a cable repull is necessary but it seems this is done by a 3rd party company. Despite phoning Virgin everyday they are unable to indicate when this work will be carried out. I occasionally get a text to say the “..work will be carried out tomorrow..” but as always they are a no-show.

just wondered if anyone has had this experience and any tips on how to escalate this problem as my efforts have proved fruitless.

in the meantime tomorrow is day 15…!

regards Jim

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JIMMY62 wrote:

Today is the 14th day where I have been without any virgin services (TV / Broadband / Phone).

Due to damage by workmen in our street a cable repull is necessary but it seems this is done by a 3rd party company. Despite phoning Virgin everyday they are unable to indicate when this work will be carried out. I occasionally get a text to say the “..work will be carried out tomorrow..” but as always they are a no-show.

just wondered if anyone has had this experience and any tips on how to escalate this problem as my efforts have proved fruitless.

in the meantime tomorrow is day 15…!

regards Jim

Cable installations and replacements for some VM customers turn into a complete shambles, unfortunately, as evidenced by the many topics about it on the forums.

You can do nothing more than keep complaining at VM. On the phone they will 'guarantee' the work will take place 'tomorrow' (or whenever) but they have no means to influence the work schedule or the activities of the contractors, they are just reading out the next date shown on their screens when you call VM.

If you phoned in the fault on the day it happened, then VM has two clear working days to fix the fault, after which compensation applies.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Keep good records of all VM's promises/failures and any missed appointments. In the topics described on here, VM often does not play fair when it comes to paying out so you should collect evidence of what happens as you go along.

In the meantime, start thinking about some backup options such as a 4G/5G data/mobile connection on a rolling monthly basis until such time as VM reconnects you.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JIMMY62 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Really sorry that the damage cable has not been fixed yet and that your appointment keeps being rescheduled. I have checked the system at our side and can see that an engineer was working on this yesterday so can confirm that this is being worked on. My apologies, for the delay in resolving this for you. I can assure you that the engineers will work to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley