cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling off

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently renewed my contract still in the 14 day cooling of period... your very unhelpful call centre says I have to give 30 days notice.  this isn't correct as its a 14 day cooling off.  then tried to change it to say it was 30 days.  this isn't the case when the t&c clearly state 

Your right to cancel during the cooling off period - see Section M

-  If you have ordered the services online, by telephone or from an agent attending at your home, and have entered into a new contract, you      have the right to cancel those services within your 14 day cooling off period.  You can cancel immediately during this time without having to pay an early disconnection fee.

I have now emailed head office on this matter. also complaint has been raised to Ofcom.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is actually no need for patronising replies you must work for Virgin.   No she did not basically took offers off and made bill even higher than it was before they were on the account in the first place,  the fact was when the recontract was put on I wasn't told how long the contract was for.  only found out once the email came in confirming it as 18 months so I think I'm well within my rights to cancel.  no wonder Virgin is the most complained about TV supplier.  

media-PayTV-complaints-table.png

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Anonymous
Not applicable

even when virgin doesn't do things by the book...  holding personal customer details on a insecure server.  poorly trained and ignorant staff that wouldn't even get a job in McDonalds if they left there.  rotten company. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

JitteryPinger
Super solver

Your not a new customer, so you would be giving notice as an existing customer out of contract, so 30 days notice.

The Giggitty 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
then they would look a terminated fee would they not?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If you take the 14 days cooling that will allow you to go back to your previous 30 day rolling contract.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
you have 14 days to revert back to your old contract/package.
From that you need to give 30 days notice. If you are out of contract no EDF will be due

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want anymore to do with virgin.  they so unhelpful, the girl I spoke to this morning should look at getting lessons on how to talk to people.  she was so aggressive and refused to help really..

@Anonymous wrote:

refused to help really..

But did she?

The Giggitty 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is actually no need for patronising replies you must work for Virgin.   No she did not basically took offers off and made bill even higher than it was before they were on the account in the first place,  the fact was when the recontract was put on I wasn't told how long the contract was for.  only found out once the email came in confirming it as 18 months so I think I'm well within my rights to cancel.  no wonder Virgin is the most complained about TV supplier.  

media-PayTV-complaints-table.png

As has been said above, you can leave but you have to do it by the book, and that is 30 days notice.

If a new contract has been agree/started within the last 14 days then you have the right to revert changes immediately and then decide if you want to renegotiate a deal or give 30 days notice.

Best time to call currently is 8am on 0345 454 1111 select options 1-1-4-4.

The Giggitty 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

even when virgin doesn't do things by the book...  holding personal customer details on a insecure server.  poorly trained and ignorant staff that wouldn't even get a job in McDonalds if they left there.  rotten company.