cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 month student broadband contract renewal

Lambertt_
Joining in

Hi,

So last year I signed up with virgin media with a 12 month broadband student contract which my housemates and I have been quite happy with. It's expired recently and we've been put onto a rolling contract which was expected however the price increase is a little too much for us to continue with this rolling contract. Can I renew this 12 month student contract - if so where and how - or will I have cancel the old one and sign up again in order to get the discounted prices?

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lambertt_

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We only offer 18 month contracts now. To sign up as a new customer, you'd need to cancel the current account with 30 days notice, then have three month no service at the property, before returning as a new customer.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

emccolgan
Just joined

So, despite Virgin Media advertising 12 month contracts for students (https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/student) if you try to sign up to a 12 month contract they claim that they only offer 18 month contracts. After 30 minutes on the phone and after going though 3 levels of customer service, they eventually agreed to a 12 month contract, but not at the price advertised. Virgin Media are absolute jokers, and should stop using the phrase customer service to describe what they are providing. They can't even manage to honour products and prices that they advertise on their own websites.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update emccolgan,

Many apologies for the issues faced however.

All the best and take care,

Kain