cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£ 100 Amazon voucher not received

french01
On our wavelength

Hi!

I have now passed the 120 days limit and no sign of my £ 100 Amazon gift voucher.

I have received an email on 07/03/2022 with the following subject " an update on your gift" and then an other email that includes the CH number.

Is there anyone that could help me in receiving this promised gift please?

48 REPLIES 48

Hey chrisbat395, no problem at all.

Please do keep me updated on how it goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

The broadband choices people asked me to provide my virgin account number and the comparison website i used to sign up.  Since i didn't use a comparison website and signed up directly with Virgin, they said I am not eligible for the voucher that was available on their website.

So now my question is how to proceed further?  The 'update on your gift' email was sent from <no-reply@giftcloud.com> and at the bottom of the email it says that Giftcloud is operated by a company called Invitation Digital Ltd, whilst section 17 of the Ts and Cs states that Decision Technologies is responsible for the release of the gift card once authorised by Virgin Media?

Please advise 🙂

Kind regards,

Chris

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris,

Amazon gift cards are usually rewards for customers that signed up for amazon voucher offers  via either Giftcloud or broadband choices, as such they should contact the Decision Technologies Support Team at 

customer.services@broadbandchoices.co.uk  

and quote the following:

1.your purchase date,

2. the product/package purchased

3. Order ref. WS[and 7 numbers]

4. If you have a link to the T&C (not required)

There's a screenshot  below of the original email you should have received from VM when first registering below, with all the relevant details.

You could also try using the contact form below

https://rewards.giftcloud.com/contact-us 

amazon vouchersamazon vouchers

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that, i just sent a message to https://rewards.giftcloud.com/contact-us since the broadband choices people were quite forcefully dismissive!  I am intrigued why this multitude of 3rd parties is being used when i signed up directly with Virgin media...

Anyway, thanks again for your attention, it's really appreciated 🙂

Chris

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris,

I'm not saying this is the case with yourself but I see a lot of posts where  people have looked on price comparison sites and either click on a link that rediects them to the VM website, or are sent a link via email, which takes them to a specific page on the VM website. 

Because they are redirected to the VM site, when they post on here  they tend to say they signed up directly with VM.

These signing up email links and redirects to VM are error prone. There are so many conditions that need to adhered to, like those below from MoneySupermarket

4. Gift card only eligible on online purchases made via the Giftcloud link provided. Offer not available for purchases made via the telephone or web chat.. Offer not available through any other website or third party link, and cannot be claimed in conjunction with cashback or any other 3rd party offer

5. If you are using the web browser Safari, your sale may not track. Please use an alternative web browser to complete your purchase.

6. If you navigate away from the page during the sale process, we may not be able to track your sale and you will not qualify for your gift card.

17. Release of the gift card is the responsibility of MoneySuperMarket Group once authorised by Virgin Media, and cannot be redeemed from the provider directly. If you have any questions regarding the offer, please contact vouchers@broadbandchoices.co.uk

The contact email address for most voucher schemes seem to vary between @giftcloud and @broadbandchoices, and often have different prefixes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Okay Dave, thank you, we'll see how it goes with giftcloud...

Hi @chrisbat395 thanks for your reply here.

Glad to hear you've followed @newapollo's advice, if you need further help then please don't hesitate to let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W,

thank you for your message.  I forgot that i signed up through moneysupermarket.com and have now informed broadbandchoices.co.uk of this, they have apologised for the delay and will investigate the case which may take up to 4 weeks.  Is it normal for such a long period?  I would expect a simple database search would give the details and the voucher could be released reasonably quickly.

Kind regards,

Chris

Thanks for the update Chris, I'm glad to see there is some movement on this now.

I'm not too sure as to how long their investigation period may take with them being a 3rd party company. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules