cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why doesnt my 1471 work its been out since storm eurnice

recyclesue
Joining in

storm Eunice took out our landline as well as others locally, since then we havent been able to use 1471 -- I rang 150 and a lady told me to dial 1475, wait for a tone then hang up, which I did, but it still doesnt work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello recyclesue

Thats great news 

Thanks for the update 

Glad Dan was nice as well 

Enjoy the rest of your day 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @recyclesue,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline service lately. I've checked on our systems and I can't see any issues being detected on the line to explain why you'd be facing some problems with your landline. 

I can see you've made another thread stating you also are having trouble with Caller ID. To clarify, are you saying that the only landline issues you're facing currently are with Caller ID and dialling 1471? Do you get a dial tone and are you able to make/receive calls from other numbers?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

thanks for your reply, yes we can make and receive calls normally, its just the called id and 1471 that we are having problems with.  

Hi @recyclesue,

Thank you for getting back to me and clarifying the situation.

Is it possible for you to test an alternative landline handset at all? That way we can eliminate this potentially being an equipment related issue.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I've tried a completely different phone in the socket and tried from that one..... still the same, it says "sorry that service is not available from this line (or words to the effect!)

Hi recyclesue

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear this is still ongoing

I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi recyclesue

Thanks for those details 

I'm just looking into this now for you 

Gareth_L

thankyou, appreciated.

Hello recyclesue

This has been fixed now from our side 

Can you please let me know if it is working okay 

Gareth_L

yay!!! it works - well the 1471 does! thankyou so much