Menu
DocBob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

who needs a landline. ?

With the upcoming 5G internet at super fast speeds why do we need a VM landline. I'm being charged on average about £20 extra for just the odd phone call I make so have decided to get my landline taken off my account in Jan, thats when my current contract finishes. Also, depending on what services I can get from 5G I may even ditch VM all together.

Any posts would be appreciated.

Bob.

0 Kudos
Billy77
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: who needs a landline. ?

It comes down to being forced to having line rental as part of a package. I haven't had a physical landline phone in years or made a phone call in years. However I am still paying for line rental as it costs more to have it removed from my overall package deal. Crazy I know.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

One thing is for sure. If you drop the landline your package will NOT drop by £20.

The landline comes with a HUGE discount to your Broadband price, which you will lose by dropping it.

The most you will save is around £5 a month, its usually less.

Physical landlines are no longer provided for new customers as the phone plugs into the Hub directly, but they are still charged for the service as the same exchange equipment is used at the local node & headend.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you can lose the landline by switching to a Virgin media business package. There is a broadband only option. I almost did that but I was put off by their awful trustpilot rating and reviews

0 Kudos