cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail on landline

josmith101
Joining in

This morning I saved a message that was for my husband (it was actually a text sent to our landline).

When I tried to access voicemail using 1571 just now to play the message, I was taken through a process as a 'new user' of voicemail, even though we are not new. Now I can't get to any messages - it keeps looping round when I press 1 to play the messages. It also says there is one message from 6th Aug but none from today and no saved messages. 

I tried ringing 150 btw and got nowhere with the automated options.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello josmith101

Sadly when a Text message is sent to a Landline it will only be saved for 24 hours 

Full information is available here on page 29 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @josmith101, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue you've been experiencing on the voicemail services on the landline connection.

Can you please try running through the voicemail services again to see if you can gain access to the messages?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David. Just tried again, but whenever I press 1 to listen to the message (not the message I want btw), it just keeps telling me to press 1.

I've now deleted the old message, but the one from today that I saved seems to have gone forever. Annoying, as it was for my husband's birthday, and I didn't write down the number

Hello josmith101

Sadly when a Text message is sent to a Landline it will only be saved for 24 hours 

Full information is available here on page 29 

Gareth_L

So if it was sent this morning, it should still be there.

Thats should be the case josmith101

If you didnt choose to delete it once it was read out to you 

Gareth_L

No, I chose to Save it. Never mind. Thanks for your responses. I'm giving up and signing out!

Actually I just read that document you sent and was able to get to the message by ringing Text Store on 0845 602 1111 or
07953 966 066. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that josmith101

We are here if you need anything else at all 

Gareth_L