Menu
trevthered12
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin media phone connector

we have had virgin installed a full package but we have a careline which virgin have made useless has you cant plug it into the adapter for the phone why did virgin not put a phone box on the wall

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media phone connector

Your careline can plug straight into the hub, but you shouldn't be using a careline with virgin 21cv voice service as it wont work if a power cut happens

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM should supply customers who need a guaranteed phone service with what they call an Emergency Backup Line. There is little information published on this but I believe it to be a fixed cellular terminal which has a battery and enables you to make phone calls and send SMS messages via a mobile network (so there must be a SIM card in it).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

VM should supply customers who need a guaranteed phone service with what they call an Emergency Backup Line. There is little information published on this but I believe it to be a fixed cellular terminal which has a battery and enables you to make phone calls and send SMS messages via a mobile network (so there must be a SIM card in it).

Rodger, those devices allow the customer to call 999 only during a power failure, not the number the care alarm calls so is unsuitable.

Newer care alarms use a sim card, those are required when moving to a provider that doesnt use a traditional copper cable phoneline

0 Kudos