cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin media broad band compatible answer phone

stuartjones
Joining in

We currently have a phone that has a flashing light when we have a message.  With the new virgin media broadband-based phone you have to pick up the handset to find out if you have a message.....therefore its most likely that you will only know if you have a message when you go to make a phone call, which rarely happens!!  Therefore are there any answer phones that are compatible with this new broadband service phone?........I currently use Vonage for work and they have a box whose light flashes if I have a phone message!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you have a phone with a built in answerphone that flashes for messages, this will continue to work on the Hub based home phone.

Separately you can also get a voicemail service that's on the home phone - which is one you need to pick up the phone to see if you have a message. But you don't need to have this if you've got one built into your phone.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you have a phone with a built in answerphone that flashes for messages, this will continue to work on the Hub based home phone.

Separately you can also get a voicemail service that's on the home phone - which is one you need to pick up the phone to see if you have a message. But you don't need to have this if you've got one built into your phone.

the standard blurb from virgin for this change over service to broadband based is you automatically get the answerphone service.......will try out the answer phone later, thanks.

Hi stuartjones,

Thank you for reaching back out, please let us know how you get on once you have been able to try your answerphone.

Regards

Paul.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stuartjones wrote:

the standard blurb from virgin for this change over service to broadband based is you automatically get the answerphone service.......will try out the answer phone later, thanks.

You do get the line based answerphone service for no cost, but if you don't need it you can get it turned off on your line if it isn't already.