cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin landline international call to China

evergreenamy
Tuning in

I can't make international calls to China for a couple of days. Has any member experience the same problem?

10 REPLIES 10

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @evergreenamy

Thanks for posting!

Is this via mobile or landline? Is the number your calling mobile or landline also?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

The phone calls were made using virgin Landline, so far only landline to landline in China. I haven't tried to contact China mobile yet.

I wonder can anybody using your virgin landline to ring any Chinese landline number, to see if you can get through. I just need to prove if it is only my landline issue or all virgin media landline customers. Thanks!

Hi @evergreenamy

I can see you spoke to our team around an hour ago and was transferred to our second line team, what was advised on this call? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The customer service rep. told me that a support ticket has been opened for the issue. And it probably takes up to 7 days to have it sort it out.

I desperately need to contact my parents both are over 80s in China under the danger of flooding and 2nd wave of Covid-19. 

I hope the customer service rep. can use their virgin landline to ring any Chinese number just to prove the existence of the issue, but they said they were not allowed to do so.

Virgin media is not rally helpful on this matter although I have subscribed the highest phone package with them, Anytime + International calls.

What a waste of my time and money!

I'm sorry for the issue with the line evergreenamy,

I can see that this has been raised with the IT team, I assure you we'll be doing all we can to get this resolved.

Alex_Rm

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your message. I wonder if you can make a phone call using virgin landline to this China number 00862510086, to see/hear what's happened.

the number is China Mobile Co. , one of the biggest communication companies in China.

At the moment, I just want someone to prove this is not a single incident of my virgin landline but a generic condition applicable to any virgin landline making international calls to China.

Thanks.

Amy 

I'm sorry Amy,

We're a digital team, not able to make phone calls, we haven't the tools to replicate the error, this is why the second line team are looking into it.

Alex_Rm

Hello Alex,

The issue is still remained unsolved. I still cannot make any phone calls to China. Please give IT/network team a nudge on my behalf, as I am not able to speak to the team directly. Thanks!