cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get our permanent number back

Russandhisphone
Joining in

In late June 2021, we decided to switch to SKY for TV and phone. We asked for our number to be ported away. This was for my mum's use who lives on the bottom floor of our house.

The date was all set for the swap on the 7th. But on the 7th I discovered that the SKY package wasn't right for mum for various reasons and I asked for the number port to be cancelled and that we would stay with Virgin.

A nice guy at virgin offered to reduce the monthly phone line (we just have a phone line service only) from £33 down to £12 a month(fantastic) which was fantastic news. I found out that the number port would happen and then we would have to get it back and it would take a week or so, which is understandable.

Unfortunately, for 2 weeks we had a dead-line phone line, and after talking to many departments who told us it would take 7 days, and then another 7 days and we finally got a temporary number. On the 27th of July, we got our original number back. 

It seemed the struggle was finally over. 

On the 2nd of August, the line went dead again. I called Virgin and after 9 days of NO SERVICE, they gave us another temporary number.

We are still waiting to get our original number back.  When I rang virgin I was told they have no record of our original number.  I spent 30 minutes on the phone and was passed through several departments without a resolution. I don't know what to do next. Mum is 88 and relies on this number we have had running since the start of lockdown when she moved in. (18 months?) 

Unfortunately, we had another slip up from virgin relating to the billing. This month (August 2021) I was sent a 41-pound bill, which was a bit of a shock. I rang Virgin and they said they had no record of the 18-month new contract at £12 a month.  I spent 30 minutes on the phone and was transferred to various departments. and finally, they worked it out and fixed that part of things. 

We need to get our original number restored. I think at this point someone needs to look into this. find out what is happening, and then call me! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Russ 

9 REPLIES 9

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Russandhisphone,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see you have had issues with porting your number over.

I would love to help you with this, I will send you a private message.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Russandhisphone,

I am glad that I was able to help you with this 🙂

Please follow the advice given to you from our private conversation, keep me updated on how it goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi there, Unfortunately, this has not yet been resolved. please advise. 

Hi @Russandhisphone,

Sorry to hear your original number has still not returned to your account.

I have been able to access your account and I can see you recently spoke to us regarding this. A request was made for the number to be returned. Were you given an estimated time for this to be processed? 

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply. yes we were told the number would be returned Saturday

Thank you for the update @Russandhisphone

In this case, please let us know if the number does not return by Saturday and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Ahh no. On Friday 20th August we were told that our number would be returned the next day.  Saturday 21st. 

The previous advisor wrote to me... 

'Thank you for talking to me in private @Russandhisphone.   This has now been amended.   The number in question will be with you by tomorrow between 8am-8pm, you can check the progress of this by calling 174 or 175 from your landline or calling your mobile from the landline.'

Thank you for clarifying this @Russandhisphone.

Sorry to hear this did not happen. Please bare with me while I chase them up for a further resolution.

Thank you,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi @Russandhisphone,

Please check your PM as our team is in contact with you there and can provide an update.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team