Menu
johnsemple123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

spam phone calls

I'm at m wits end with this company and HOPING someome from virgin can help me before I personally pull all the equipment out. So I got my landline changed (long story I won't go into) at first everything was OK all good for roughly the past month i've had what 3 or 4 spam phone calls per day on my land line (i've already raised it as a complaint asking for the number to be changed again but that was ignored) I know the obvious thing is buy a landline that can block calls but not everyone can afford this luxury you know really starting to get me down (surprised that the issue is being ignored)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: spam phone calls

Hi johnsemple123,

I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with this. Is your phone registered as ex-directory? Have you made sure to register your number for the Telephone Preference Service?

How long ago did you change your number? Have you used the new number to register for an account or services on any websites?

One thing I always recommend is if you're being called by a number that isn't know to you is to let it go to voicemail.

I find with these types of calls that if you answer it it seems to be what starts off the repeated calls.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
johnsemple123
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm NOT answering anything though. The number was changed a month ago and i'm sure it was ex directory. Your not helping here by the same fob off standard replies. You should be PM'ing me for more information as I am on the brink of leaving despite I signed this contract a month ago as it's getting me down big time

0 Kudos
johnsemple123
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I feel this response is just a standard word for word copy and paste job and you could actually message me to get this dealt with as I really am not impressed with getting hounded like I am on my landline

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear your frustration, however the community forums are primarily a location for self-help guidance and assistance from community members on topics that they're knowledgeable in.

It is not a frontline method of customer support which is why we would ask these initial self-help and fact finding questions rather than jumping directly into PMs.

If you are wishing for us to private message you for further assistance this is something we can do.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
johnsemple123
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To update.............there is none. No PM was received as requested. The calls are increasing in intensity and the complaint i've raised is still being ignored. Great going virgin! (and no I can't disconnect my land line cable either to stop these calls) disgrace of a company to be honest letting me be hounded like this

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnsemple123,

As advised above by Tom_S we would aim to get more information from you in the thread to see if this is something we can fix that doesn't need to be account specific and can also be helpful to other users of this board

If we were to PM you, we would also have to ask these questions anyway to get towards the correct answer

If you can answer questions from Tom_S that would be helpful

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
johnsemple123
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This situation is even more farcical im refusing to phone virgin as I'm not prepared to deal with the foreign call centre staff so instead I was asked to confirm via email characters of my password you'd think oh great virgin deal with it they blatantly refuse to accept that the characters of my own password are correct when I've showed them a screenshot of every character letter by letter lol you can't make this farce of a company up

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are no further forward with this. Can I ask what team it is that you are currently speaking to via email?

If you could answer the questions previously asked by Tom_S, then we can take it from there.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
johnsemple123
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The CEO'S office i'm dealing with (well TRYING to)!!!!!!!!!!!

They INSIST (note they INSIST)! My password is wrong YET i have verified the characters they wanted at least 10 times now heck I even sent a screenshot to prove my password WAS correct and MATCHED the characters they asked for YET they still insist it's the WRONG PASSWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos