cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phoning a virgin phone in ireland

Luckyjfl
On our wavelength

I have the full package of virgin media for a long time now. A relative who lives in the republic of Ireland , rings me and says it is a free call, as she is also on virgin media. Does anyone know if it is the same for anyone here with a virgin phone to ring another virgin  phone in Ireland for free. In all honesty, I have not got a clue where to ask this question. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Luckyjfl thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Can you advise me if the number that you're wishing to call is a UK based number or Ireland based number?  Are you looking to make the call from our landline service or from our mobile service?

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Luckyjfl thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Can you advise me if the number that you're wishing to call is a UK based number or Ireland based number?  Are you looking to make the call from our landline service or from our mobile service?

Regards

Lee_R

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Luckyjfl wrote:

I have the full package of virgin media for a long time now. A relative who lives in the republic of Ireland , rings me and says it is a free call, as she is also on virgin media. Does anyone know if it is the same for anyone here with a virgin phone to ring another virgin  phone in Ireland for free. In all honesty, I have not got a clue where to ask this question. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much. 

Virgin Media Ireland has an internet VoIP telephone service that is fully integrated with their Broadband. They offer unmetered calls to Ireland Landlines & Mobiles, & the World Talk Unlimited package offers unmetered calls to 22 countries including the UK (unmetered means no call charge & no time limits to calls). So its not that Virgin Media Ireland are "targetting" Virgin Media UK customers for the inclusive calls, but all UK numbers. Virgin Media Ireland is a separate company to Virgin Media UK, & has a far more advanced network to the one inherited by Virgin Media in the UK.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Just to add to what the fantastic @nodrogd has advised.  Our call rates could also depend on what you're calling (mobile or landline) where and the plan you have.

Regards

Lee_R

Luckyjfl
On our wavelength

We actually use a Virgin Land line. As does my Sister in Ireland.

Luckyjfl
On our wavelength
I have what is called " The Big Fun Bundle.

Thanks for confirming @Luckyjfl

The Fun TV bundle comes with free calls to Virgin mobiles and UK landlines during weekends.

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Luckyjfl
On our wavelength
Thank you for that information Ayisha. That was what I wanted to know. And thank you also to everyone else who took the time to help me out. please regard this problem as solved.

You're most welcome @Luckyjfl

Just to let you know, if you need help with your Virgin Media services in the future, we’ve also got lots of hints and help in our Virgin Media mobile app and our Help & Support area 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs