Menu
teraformer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

phone re-instalation

Hi folks, I used to have a phone service with virgin but cancelled it a couple of years ago and just kept broadband and tv.  Today I  upgraded to a new package including phone line, the cable outside and the phone socket inside are still there where we used to plug in our phone. I have received a confirmation e-mail of the new contract and it says there is a 25.00 activation charge and a instillation charge of 40.00  for the phone line. would they not use the original  phone line and socket or do I really need a new line?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone re-instalation

Thanks for getting in touch with us @teraformer.

Did you mention this on the call to our team? If so did they give any indication that you wouldn't need to pay for this.

You may need to get a new connection but they should be able to use the existing socket but I' m not 100% sure that would be the case. You would need to call back into the team and they will be able to confirm what is needed.

You can call the team on 0345 454 1111 and they can provide you the correct information.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As this is effectively a "new" service on the contract, would the phone not be provided via the hub (VoIP) now as it is with all new customers taking phone services.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it should be via a Hub 3, and the Hub would be upgraded if needed.

An install fee on top of the activation fee shouldn't be charged unless a customer has been offered self install and specifically chosen an engineer install (with some exceptions).

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
teraformer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Stephen, I did phone virgin to check  this, The person I spoke to who I could hardly understand just kept repeating that it was a new contract and there is a installation charge of 40.00 although I kept repeating that it was a renewed contract and upgrade and we had the phone connection in the past.

Also I was not given the option for self install if the new phone line just needed plugging into the router and setup remotely.

As it stands now virgin rand this morning to ask if there engineer could call today at 2 pm instead of 8 am till 1 pm tomorrow. 

I stated that  would be ok as long as he could finish what he needs to do before  3 pm. As of now 2.38 pm there is no sign of the engineer.

Not to happy the way things are.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teraformer,

Thanks for confirming. 

I am really sorry the engineer hasn't turned up, have the team rearranged this for you?

If not please let me know and I will be more than happy to look into this for you as well as the £40.00 install fee. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
teraformer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty, Engineer re-arranged and 40.00 installation has been wavered due to the inconvenience caused.

Engineer booked for today, Saturday. Virgin said I would receive a call or text one hour before  to confirm arrival time.

So, fingers crossed. Must say the person I spoke to who arranged all this for me was very helpful and was very clear over the phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teraformer,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Did the technician arrive and is your telephone line now up and running.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos