cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone lines dead

crooner
Tuning in

HI, i have 3 phones in the house 2 are b.t. type plug into wall socket, 1 is cordless ,i noticed the other day that the cordless is working with no problem , but the plug in type are dead ,so when somone calls me only the cordless rings & there is no dialing tone at the plug in type

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @crooner.

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your landlines. Thank you for flagging this with us. Just to clarify, how long has this been ongoing? Are you fully able to receive and make calls on the cordless phone? Does the cordless phone have a dial tone?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

problem started a week ago ,  able to receive and make calls on the cordless phone & cordless has dial tone ,

Thank you for letting me know @crooner.

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand corner of the page and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

it seems that it was a faulty cable coming from the master b t box as the plug in phones were on the extension boxes they couldn't work

the cordless phone worked because it was plugged into the master  b t box , so its a case of replacing the cable or using cordless phones upstairs 

thanks AKua_A  for your help,

Hi crooner

Thanks for the update 

Should you need anything else at all 

Please let us know 

Gareth_L