Menu
phorrocks
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

phone line trouble

Hi, Help please,

I've no dial tone on the home phone, i've call the help number using my mobile and its starts to conduct a check of the line, it then tells me to call back for the results and enter my number.

When i call back i end up going through the same process telling me to call back,  i've no idea what my results are, i can not call from the home phone, and i don't seem to be able to talk to a person.

Can anyone help.

TIA 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone line trouble

Hi Tia,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear of the phone line issues, and I do wish to help. 

Is there any service faults listed on our status page here

Simply click the link, and then enter postcode only into the checker. Any known area faults will then be shown. 

If none listed, then please sign in to the checker. To do this, you'll need your My Virgin Media online account details. When signed in, please click on 'run test' on the affected service; in this case the phoneline. 

If this doesn't yield any results, can you unplug the phone line, wait two minutes, then replug it in, and try it for me? If that doesn't work, have you got another phone you can try? The benefit of trying this is to rule out the phone itself being the issue.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos