byte2bits
Joining in

Cannot call or receive calls BN13

• service status states We can't see any issues affecting BN13 3xx
21 REPLIES 21

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @byte2bits, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear your landline is down.

There aren't any reported network issues in that postcode at the moment, so the best thing I can do is book you a technician for a future date to get this looked into. If it does get flagged as an area problem, this visit to you directly will be cancelled (as the fault isn't at your property obviously).

I'll pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details so I can get this booked in for you - please expect this shortly and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

byte2bits
Joining in

Hi Tom there are numerous similar posting in the Bn13 area

Hi @byte2bits, thanks for your confirmation of details requested via PM - don't worry about the final question as this isn't fully required for a fault.

It's still not highlighted as an area outage yet, so the best thing I can do is book this technician for you which is my duty of care to you.

To reiterate though it's very likely, that once this is booked it'll be picked up behind the scenes and identified as an outage.

I've booked in the initial technician appointment though, and to confirm:

- You'll receive a text message confirmation of this within 24 hours of the date and time

- You can reschedule the appointment via your My Virgin Media app if required.

- Finally, if your technician is cancelled due to any possible area fault (which clearly, may be the case based on what you're saying), you'll receive a text message confirming this also.

Please let me know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom just been outside to look at the incoming line. The punch down box is off the wall, possibly damaged.

I reported this a few times before.  The install 20 odd years ago, was not very good to say the least . The broad band cable to the router is also loose, it was tywrapped to the down pipe!!! These have perished so that flapping as well. The hole through the brickwork also needs filling. 
I will send some photos.

Hi @byte2bits, thanks for your post.

I was awaiting the photos from you before I replied, but these don't appear to have come through yet unfortunately.

The engineer visit is still in place for you as things stand, so please be assured that they'll look into this too at the time.

Many thanks

Tom_W

byte2bits_0-1645370989013.jpeg

byte2bits_1-1645371060394.jpeg

byte2bits_1-1645371508224.jpeg

See attached photos 

Hi Tom 

I sent some images, they are being checked by your firewall

Hi @byte2bits, thanks a lot for your posts.

Yes, it does appear that these aren't ready to view just yet - please be assured that as soon as they've been passed through, I'll come back to you again and respond!

Many thanks

Tom_W