cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone call overcharges

peterken
On our wavelength

In desperation I'm turning to this forum for suggestions of how I might get Virgin Media to sort out an error they made which has led to my being overcharged for phone calls for the last 3 months to the tune of over £100. I alerted them to the problem on the phone, have sent three follow up emails and despite them accepting the problem have failed to do anything about it. 

I have twice submitted complaints via an online form.  The complaints department passed me back to Customer Services for the first complaint because they were unable to do anything because of "DPA and security reasons".   Having then spoken to customer services, who accepted the problem and promised to something about it am still waiting a month later despite me nagging them.  Submitting a second complaint about Customer Services inaction got me nowhere because the complaints department can't apparently handle complaints via email which might involve a billing adjustment and simply sent me back to Customer Services again.

So, I can't get anyone at Customer Services to do anything, despite having a personal email for the manager dealing with my case, and the complaints department seem toothless and can only refer me back to Customer Services rather than nag them on my behalf.

Does anyone from Virgin Media read these forums?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi peterken, 

Thanks for coming back to me and sticking with me via private message throughout this experience. 

I have now closed the complaint as agreed and you will receive an email confirming this at some point today. 

If you have any further issues going forward, pop back to us via the Community and we will do what we can to help you. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Have you got a complaint reference number?  If you have, when was it issued?  So long as it's eight weeks or older, you take your complaint to CISAS, the industry complaints adjudicator, and in addition to getting VM to put the matter right, you ask for compensation for the errors in the first place, and then the failure to put it right, and for the poor complaints handling.

It'll be quicker and easier for all if VM staff grab this and sort it out for you, but make sure you get a decent slug of compensation (I'd aim for £150, given that they've messed up on three separate elements).

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi peterken, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting a complaint and issue sorted. I'm happy to take a look at this further for you but in order to help, I will need to pass data protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi peterken, 

Thanks for coming back to me and sticking with me via private message throughout this experience. 

I have now closed the complaint as agreed and you will receive an email confirming this at some point today. 

If you have any further issues going forward, pop back to us via the Community and we will do what we can to help you. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

peterken
On our wavelength

Thanks to Kath for sorting out my problem in a very fast and efficient way.  I know where to come now if there are any probs in the future!

Hey peterken, thank you very much for the kind words.

I will pass this feedback onto her. 

Please do reach out again if you ever need us. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?