cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

other phone

pc5yc
Joining in

after phone switched to fibre network relative cannot call or receive calls, tried phone that works with my switched one but did not work for her. She cannot get help due to phone not working! can I report her number for help here? Seems no way for her to report this.

3 REPLIES 3

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pc5yc

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your relative's landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration for them. I would be more than happy to look into this if you are able to talk to us about their services on their behalf? 

If they're confident with the internet and are able to get online they can also create a profile and we can help them directly, but I'm aware that isn't the case for some people. 

Could you tell me what they hear when they pick up the receiver - 

• No dial tone.
  • Intermittent dial tone.
  • Crackling on the line. 
  • Busy dial tone.

Thanks,

Megan_L

No Dial tone, they cannot use a computer. Have attached one that works with my switched system and restarted hub lights seem ok but no sound or dialling.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pc5yc

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issue with your landline.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs