cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old number hasn't been kept

Rickc96
Joining in

Hi there

I moved to Virgin over 2 months ago.  Keeping my old number was part of my order, which was active with sky when the switch happened

Would appreciate a PM so we can resolve

Thanks

Rick

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Rickc96 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your number. Can I ask if you have checked that the number is still active with Sky? 

Were you given a date for the number port to be completed at all? 

Thanks again

Hi Ash

My number shouldn't be active with sky as my order with yourselves gave you my number (01283 222248). I cannot contact sky as I am no longer a customer

I has assumed the switch would be automatic from the day the  broadband engineer came. All I did to check that it was correct was listen and hear that the line is working. I've only just realised that the number is different now 

Thanks 

Hi @Rickc96,

I do apologise, but for the port to complete the landline service/number needs to remain active with your previous provider until it has been transferred. If it's not active with your previous provider then we cannot perform the transfer.

If it's currently not active with them then you would need to see if they can reactivate it temporarily for the purpose of the transfer. Once they've confirmed that it is you can either reach back out to us here to assist you further in performing the port, or you can contact our team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can process it for you.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!