cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'no number' Calls

terryR1
Up to speed

Just been told that the way to cure the 'no number' calls which has appeared on our phone since Virgin  put our home phones on wi fi is to renew the home phone and make sure its NOT a BT phone !!!!

How many other customers is this affecting????????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@terryR1 wrote:

Just been told that the way to cure the 'no number' calls which has appeared on our phone since Virgin  put our home phones on wi fi is to renew the home phone and make sure its NOT a BT phone !!!!

That would be somewhat dubious advice because, if you go through the multi-page blockbuster topic on this, I think it does mention (somewhere in the current 35 pages of the topic) that it is not just the BT brand that has experienced the issue.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@terryR1 wrote:

That would be somewhat dubious advice because, if you go through the multi-page blockbuster topic on this, I think it does mention (somewhere in the current 35 pages of the topic) that it is not just the BT brand that has experienced the issue.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi terryR1, thanks for for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I can see that you are currently in PM with Ash regarding this and she will respond as soon as she can. 

Chris. 

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Lots of threads about this.

@goslow wrote:
Snip ....

...Snip

And by 'dubious advice', read; a complete lie and the usual BS statement by VM's sorry excuse for a customer service provision, when faced with something not on their scripts. I suppose we have to have a degree of understanding and sympathy, these people you speak to are not trained at all, other than to follow a pre-scripted response and when that doesn't work, well, maybe just make something up, possibly something you may have vaguely overheard while queuing up at the canteen!

Thanks for  your backing, appreciated

Terry

Hi TerryR1,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if these calls are getting more and more frustrating. 

I can confirm that we are aware of this issue and it has been fed back to the back office faults team for landline issues, they are working on getting it fixed as soon as possible. 

I am sorry for the frustration this must be causing, please bear with us whilst we get it sorted.

We will communicate any updates as and when we get them. 

Thanks for your patience!

Megan_L

Thanks Megan_1,

I will wait in anticipation for a result to this problem but  for Virgin to advise me to change my phone and not to use a BT phone is not very encouraging.

I am glad to hear that its being dealt with by the back office team, meanwhile ,i will have to continue to put up with the problem and hope that not too many people have changed their phone on the unnecessary advice of Virgin.

Thanks TerryR1

Hi terryR1, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

The back office team is looking into this and hopefully they have a resolution soon, 

Thanks for posting.

Chris. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrs_G1 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your landline.

After a number port you can experience some teething issues for the around 24 hours after the port completing - if the issues continue into tomorrow this could be an issue with the landline itself and will require further investigation but I believe this should be restored, I'd suggest a complete reboot and monitoring this after.

As for the service status checker, if you're logged in to your online account the service status checker should automatically populate

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs