cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no landline

Mand65
Joining in

Hi,

i have had no landline in the PO7 area since friday, no dial tone and no incoming calls, tried phoning virgin but kept getting cut off, eventually someone answered and said there was not an issue, tried putting a new phone in but still the same, really struggling with out a phone as have an elderly relative that relies on calls

Please could somebody help

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mand65,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I am very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an issue with your landline since Friday! Apologies that calling in did not help resolve your issue.

After taking a look at our systems, I can see that there is an area fault impacting your TV, broadband, and landline services. The outage fault number is F009653608 and was raised on Saturday 19th February and is estimated to be fixed by Thursday 24th February by 13:00.

Please reboot your equipment tomorrow after 1pm to clear any other issues on the line and let us know if this has resolved your ongoing issues.

Keep us updated if you can. Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Just letting you know we have rebooted and still no incoming or a dialing tone

Many Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mand65,

Thank you for coming back to us. After checking our systems, I can see that the area fault F009653608 impacting your TV, broadband and landline services is still ongoing. The estimated fix time has been amended and is currently showing as Monday 28/02/22 at 9am.

I understand that this is not ideal, and you can take a look into our Automatic Compensation Scheme on our website for more information in regards to this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Looks like we've got the same problem. We have reset and re-plugged everything back in but still no dial tone. PO7 7PJ. Looks like the area fault F009653608 is still ongoing. When will it be fixed please??

Hi stu4anita,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with no dial tone on your landline since being affected by this area fault.

We can certainly understand the inconvenience this issue is causing you. 

Remotely checking the systems from our end this morning, no area faults are showing, which means the issue has been resolved.

Do you have any dial tone back currently?

Kind regards Jodi. 

No, still not dial tone this morning

Many thanks for coming back to me stu4anita,

If you still have no dial tone, can we ask if you have tried another handset in the master socket, just to eliminate its not the equipment causing the issue.

Also, if you have any extension sockets, fax machines or other alarm systems attached to you line, please unplug these and juts have the main handset plugged in only.

If you have digital handsets, please make sure it is seated in its cradle correctly and the volume is turned up loud. 

Please can you check the above first, if this does not resolve, we will investigate this further for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Mand65
Joining in

Hi

Ours has been fine since Monday lunchtime

Hi Mand65,

Many thanks for the update, glad to hear you're all back up and running. 

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.