cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dialtone on digital or analogue phones

BL110
Joining in

After a short power cut earlyier we have no dial tones on digital or analogue phones although power definitely back on. Grimsby area

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BL110.

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've not got a dial tone. 

There's no issues showing from a system check.

Can you confirm the following;

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.
How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line? Examples can be things like other telephones, personal computers, faxes etc. 

Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

We have tried plugging the analogue phone into the main socket, no dial tone, switched off and moved other phones around - no dial tone. The line is obviously down somehow after the early power cut. Power to the base unit is fine. Never had this problem before after a power cut. I do not know any neighbours on VM to check either. Really need help as the landline is very important for personal reasons at present.

Hi @BL110

Thanks for checking that for me. Ok this now needs a technician visit so apologies we were not able to sort remotely. I'll send you a PM to get some details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BL110

Thanks for joining me on PM. 

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in. 

This can be tracked on your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team