cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dialing tone on landline so cannot receive or make calls

LuddersH
Joining in

I have not been able to use my landline as there is no dialling tone so cannot make or receive calls since 10 am this morning.  This is the second time this has happened in as many weeks.  Did a service status but nothing was found.  Obviously can't phone to report but there is nothing on line to report it to - not impressed.  I am sure last time there was a Chat thing come up but there was a 3 hour delay on reporting your fault but cannot find it anywhere on the site.  Should be somewhere to report faults.

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LuddersH,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your landline again, this is not the service we are aiming to provide.

As you currently have no dialling tone, can we ask the below questions:

1. Is the telephone handset is seated in the base unit correctly and powered on.
  2. Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  3. Try plugging a different phone into your master socket ensuring it is a Virgin Media one and not a BT or Sky socket.
  4. If no alternative handset is available, then make sure your phone is connected into the master socket with no other pieces of equipment plugged in

Once you tried the above, and if your still experiencing issues, please come back to us for further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

All ok when I got up this morning - is there somewhere on the site that you can report faults when your phone is out that I can use when it happens again instead of being constantly taken back to the service status.

Glad to hear it LuddersH.

You should be able to sign into your online account and report a fault to us. You do have to go through the service status page to do this, but once you have signed in, it will proceed to run diagnostic test on your equipment.

Once a fault has been detected, you will then be allowed to book an engineer's visit.

Worst case scenario, please post on our forums and we can get this picked up for you and get an engineer booked if required.

Kind regards Jodi