cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dial tone on landline after transfer to fibre

DJKeetch9
Joining in

I live in DL1 3DA and transfer to fibre  happened lunchtime today (was told it should have been yesterday!)

My cordless phone is a BT Studio 4500  my hub is a Hub 3.0  Have checked all connections. Have restarted hub and got to single white light stage

There is no dial tone.   When I dial my number from another phone it doesn't ring.here.

I have checked the service and that is supposed to be ok

Do I need to buy a new system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DJKeetch9,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you currently have no dial tone on your landline since you've migrated. I've ran some checks on our end and there doesn't appear to be any issues being identified.

Can you please confirm that you've got your Landline plugged in to the back of the Hub? It will be identified as "Tel Line 1". You may need to use the adapter you have received in the post. Your wall socket will no longer work.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DJKeetch9,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you currently have no dial tone on your landline since you've migrated. I've ran some checks on our end and there doesn't appear to be any issues being identified.

Can you please confirm that you've got your Landline plugged in to the back of the Hub? It will be identified as "Tel Line 1". You may need to use the adapter you have received in the post. Your wall socket will no longer work.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Thanks I thought I had plugged it into the top socket available but I hadn't seen the two sockets for telephone ( back of hub hard to view).  Your comment about "Tel Line 1" got me looking a bit harder.  Pleased to say have replugged and it now works.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon @DJKeetch9,

Thanks for your update. I'm glad to hear things are up and running again! It can be a little confusing, so I apologise for that. If you need anything else, please pop back and let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team