cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dial tone on landline. No faults reported in my postcode

rmsiddall
Joining in

no calls coming in and I can't call out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rmsiddall,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rmsiddall,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

russdavies
On our wavelength

We had same problem yesterday. Fault reported and engineer visit arranged. Later in the day, the phone started working again. Today - same problem. I’m sure this has happened in the past when the Virgin box out in the road gets hot in very sunny weather, and with Heathrow hitting 40°C today it’s definitely hot. I’ll wait to see what happens when the temperature drops again this afternoon.

Thanks for your post @russdavies.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance later today.

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, true - our landline came back yesterday (Monday) late afternoon.  But it has failed again as I write at 2.40 pm, Tuesday.  Temperature outside 36 degrees.

Hope this helps,

Richard Siddall

Thanks for coming back to us @rmsiddall, please let me know, if you'd like to cancel the technician appointment, if the service comes back this evening, please let me know.

Regards,

Steven_L

Will do.  Do not know exactly at what time it came back yesterday, but certainly by early evening.  Not going out today, so I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.  Still 36 degrees outside!

Richard Siddall

Thanks for your reply @rmsiddall. Please do let me know and if you need to cancel your appointment, I can do this for you or you can do this via your online account.

Regards,

Steven_L

The phone line has just started working again. Temperature is now down to 36°C outside. I think the heat sinks in the VM box need some improvement.

Thanks for coming back to us @russdavies, I'm glad that this has been resolved and  I will be sure to feed that back to the team. 

Regards,

Steven_L