cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dial tone [Peterborough]

geriann
Superfast

Today i noticed i can't make calls on my landline. I can't even hear my voicemails.
When i call my landline it goes straight to voicemail.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my landline phone.
There's no dial tone.

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning geriann,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're having some issues with the landline. 

Can you confirm if you've been able to test another handset? 

Is the phone plugged into an extension or the main socket?

Alex_Rm

I have 2 landline handsets...both on the same Virgin number...they are both on extension leads. They're this sort of phone that sits in a "cradle", so if they weren't connected properly to the cradle they would not charge.i have 2 of this kind of phonei have 2 of this kind of phone
Both of the phones are having the same problem.

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include:
• Other telephones 
• Personal Computers 
• Faxes 
• Modems 
• Satellite TV digiboxes 
• Micro-filters 
• ADSL modem or router 
If so, is it more or less than three? 
Can you please unplug the phone from the extension and plug it in the Master Socket. The Master socket will have a larger box and contain a logo with Virgin Media, Ntl, Telewest or Nynex

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

this is my phone socket = 1 wire goes to phone - the other 1 goes to my barcode scanner]this is my phone socket = 1 wire goes to phone - the other 1 goes to my barcode scanner]this is my Nielsen's barcode scannerthis is my Nielsen's barcode scannerMy barcode scanner sends the information i put into it 1x a week, but it can't send my most recent stuff because it needs my landline phone to be working.
I've tried unplugging the barcode scanner, to see if the phone will work then...but no...still the same. 😞

Hey geriann, thank you for confirming this for me.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into and get to the bottom of this.

Please do look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?