cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new adapter

markbsac
Joining in

the new adapter does not fit the cable that goes into my router...im guessing that this is the wrong cable then. we do not use the home phone so do i really need to use it...i only need my broadband

thanks mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @markbsac thanks a lot for your reply - that's fantastic!
Knew we could get this sorted. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@markbsac wrote:

the new adapter does not fit the cable that goes into my router...im guessing that this is the wrong cable then. we do not use the home phone so do i really need to use it...i only need my broadband

thanks mark

Adapter should be a RJ11 plug to BT socket as per

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

If you are paying for a VM landline then, ideally IMHO, you should have some means of monitoring it occasionally to check it is working OK. Topics on here about 'phantom call charges' (i.e. unexpected/unexplained charges on the phone bill) often mention that the line is unused and unchecked.

Hi markbsac,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that the adaptor you have been sent does not fit the cable which supplies your router.

This is a standard adaptor which we send to all customers who have had the home phone switch over so you should not encounter any issues with this. 

As our valued member @goslow has posted clear instructions for the adaptor, can you make sure this seated in the TEL1 port.

Even though you do not use your landline on a frequent basis, as @goslow has advised, we would recommend every so often due to the above mentioned.

If you have any further queries or questions about this, please feel free to post back.

Kind regards Jodi. 

this is not the same socket that is in the back of my router.....so i have no idea where the socket you put in my pic is located.so im lost at the moment

Hi @markbsac thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry this is unresolved at the moment.

Can you please provide a photo of the back of your Hub so we can potentially guide you to where it should go?

Many thanks

Tom_W

hi jodi the socket in the back of my router is not the same as in this pic ...so it will not fit into the adapter.....

i know where it should go but the socket in the back of my router does not fit into the adapter ....and i dont know how to upload a picture on this

Hi @markbsac thanks for your reply.

I understand this, but are you able to provide a photo so I can check things over for you just in case before we take things further?

Many thanks

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@markbsac wrote:

i know where it should go but the socket in the back of my router does not fit into the adapter ....and i dont know how to upload a picture on this

Which hub version are you using?

Superhubs 1, 2 and 2ac do not have a phone socket

Other Hubs 3, 4 and 5 will have x4 ethernet sockets on the back (marked 1 to 4 and colour coded yellow). They will also have two telephone sockets marked 1 and 2. The VM adapter would go in the TEL1 socket, where available.

Hub 3, 4 and 5 images are shown on this page

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub

vir 1.jpgthis does not fit into the adapterthis does not fit into the adapter