cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new VM socket

paddingtonbear9
Tuning in

How can I get an engineer appointment to set up a new Virgin socket?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for getting  back to me and confirming this @paddingtonbear9 

I can arrange an engineer to come and relocate your router for you, this service is achargeable call out request of £25 which is added to your next generated Virgin Media bill after the request has been completed. 

Let me know if this is suitable for you and we'll get this all arranged for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paddingtonbear9 

Welcome to the community forums 

Thanks for getting in touch. I can see that you have another thread opened, is this regarding the same issue? If so you can keep all your queries regarding the same issue within the same thread so we are able to support you fully and clearly. 

I can see that my colleague has responded to your query, please let me know if this is regrading a different issue and I'll support further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks for your reply. The other query was about a different issue and it has been resolved. Could you support with this one, please.

paddingtonbear9

Thanks for confirming @paddingtonbear9 

Are you in need of a new faceplate socket for your broadband? Is it that you do not have one at all in the home or are you looking to relocate this?

Or is it a extension socket for you phone you need? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I am looking to relocate the existing socket for the broadband. The present one was set up ca. 10 years ago in what was a study but is now children's room. The room has a remote location and the quality of signal in other parts of the house is poor.

Thank you for getting  back to me and confirming this @paddingtonbear9 

I can arrange an engineer to come and relocate your router for you, this service is achargeable call out request of £25 which is added to your next generated Virgin Media bill after the request has been completed. 

Let me know if this is suitable for you and we'll get this all arranged for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thank you, Carley, that's helpful. Just one more thing, there was an extra charge in my first bill that is due to be refunded. I wonder if it can cover (at least partially) the cost of an engineer appointment? Please, can I sen you a private message with the details?

Ah we can certainly take a look. The charge and refund would go on as normal and should calculate correct when applied. But we'll have a look in more detail. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message paddingtonbear9 

I have now booked you a visit for hub relocation request. Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment, but if you do have any further issues with this, please come back to us here and we'll be able to support you further and make any reschedule or cancellation requests.

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley