cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to know when land line will go live

makumgav
Joining in

Talk talk shut off the landline today , i need to know when Virgin will go live , my mother is vulnerable, 82 , with Alzheimers

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @makumgav. If you not bringing your number over, there will be no swap needed for the line to work as it should be working now. 

You would need too plug the landline into the hub to check the status of the line. 

To find out your number, please call 174 or 175 from your landline and that will advise you of the number you're calling from or place a call to your mobile from your landline and that will also show you the number.

If you are still having issues with the landline tonight, please get in touch with us here and we can get this looked into further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @makumgav,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I have looked into this and your Virgin Media landline should now be active your broadband hub, have you checked this via the hub or wall socket?

Are you trying to transfer a number over from Talk Talk or are you taking a Virgin Media number? If you are transferring a number over to us the line would need to be active with the current provider before the transfer can go ahead. Have you asked the team to transfer the number over, when you signed up with us. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steve

Thanks for that.

Im not bothered about the number if its gonna delay the swap over, a new number will be ok.

I  plugged the virgin box in last night but the phone didnt work , so i changed it back to the talk talk box,

i will change back to Virgin tonight!, will the landline work tonight ??

also how will i know what the new number is ?

Cheers

Thanks for coming back to us @makumgav. If you not bringing your number over, there will be no swap needed for the line to work as it should be working now. 

You would need too plug the landline into the hub to check the status of the line. 

To find out your number, please call 174 or 175 from your landline and that will advise you of the number you're calling from or place a call to your mobile from your landline and that will also show you the number.

If you are still having issues with the landline tonight, please get in touch with us here and we can get this looked into further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Cheers bud,.....

You're very welcome @makumgav and please let us know how it goes later.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi , i set it all up and rang the department to connect your end, she tried for about 15mins, but no joy, we tried twice 

turning the box off and back on but still had a flashing green oblong light at the bottom.

then my mob ran out of charge and i got disconnected.

Can you see your end if its up and running yet ??

i had to come home , but mother got no phone tonight , which i worried about

Thanks

Hi there @makumgav 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened, I'd be happy to take a closer look for you. 

I'll pop you a PM now so we can check, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.

makumgav
Joining in

Hi @makumgav

I just wanted to let you know, as I haven't had a response as of yet, I have now raised a case for you and passed this to the relevant team.

This is just to ensure you are contacted further regarding your concern and to make sure all your questions are answered.

Someone from our executive complaints team will be in touch shortly for you.

This is a message i got  last night , but no one has been in touch , and the line is still not working , i have said umpteen time my mother is aged 82 with Alzheimer and needs this asap. i rang up last night and was told the line was working, but i just rang the number and it just goes to voice mail ..the number i was given is ...0191 4311457