cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone line is not working

briandq
Joining in

my phone line is not working  there are no connection issues in my area i cannot dial out or receive calls there is a constant crackling on the line i have replaced my phone with a new one the same i cannot dial 150 and i cannot get an answer from virgin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi briandq,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi briandq,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently without a working landline and there is a crackling on the line.

Can we ask if you're plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.
Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include other telephones, Personal Computers, Faxes, Modems, Satellite TV digiboxes. Micro-filters or ADSL modem or router. If so, is it more or less than 3?
Finally, check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.

As you have already checked another handset in the master socket already, can you check the above first then come back to me for further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

hi jodi thanks for the quick reply

it is in a small white socket with nothing on

it has been working for the last three years fine and there is nothing else plugged in

when i ring it from my mobile it rings but there is no connection and my mobile hangs up after a few seconds but the home phone keeps crackling

Many thanks for coming back to me briandq,

If this is the case, I would like to invite you in for a private chat and get an engineer booked. I will pop you over a private message to take some details. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi briandq,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi.