cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

might be scam

MattjVideos
Dialled in

had phone call today and they said im with virgin and we can give u discounts but i just said dont want anything and i just said im not with virgin and then they said we can conect u then and then when they said that i new it was a scam the number is 02032395879

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MattjVideos,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We appreciate you bringing this number to our attention, we have checked our list of marketing calls and this is not one of our numbers showing. 

You did the right thing by not giving any details. 

Please check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/block-nuisance-calls on how to try and prevent these calls for the future and how to report them. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just been scammed by this number too offering me an upgrade. As already an existing customer gave out my details I’m normally so careful ☹️

Hi CristinaM,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're relay sorry to hear that you to have been called from this scam number. If you're ever unsure about anyone contacting you advising there from Virgin, you can call us to verify first. 

Can we ask if you have given any personal details away like bank account numbers? 

If so please contact your bank as soon as possible to make them aware.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi yes unfortunately I’ve given out my bank and card details but have contacted my bank immediately to advise 

Hi Cristina, 

Thanks for letting us know. Your bank / building society will ensure that your account is secure. If you do have any other concerns in future with any calls received, please don't hesitate to ask from here and we will be happy to verify if it was genuine 🙂

Kind regards

Beth