cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lifeline

scottyb1
Tuning in

Am new Virgin customer our number was supposed to port over yesterday but still completely dead  done all tests trying different phone rebooting hub etc still nothing rang up and earliest tech can come out is next Tuesday late afternoon really could do with being sorted quicker than that.Is there such a thing as lifeline ? I ask because my youngest son is disabled and my partner has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumor resulting in quite a few phone calls to and from hospital etc usually to our landline as our mobile signal is patchy at best.  

15 REPLIES 15

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @scottyb1

Welcome back to the community. 

A lifeline priority is customers that do not have access to a mobile phone at all or have medical equipment reliant on broadband or a phone service such as a telecare health alarm. My apologies for any delay or wait for an engineer to come and help with your landline fault. 

Does your phone line plug directing into the router or do you have an adapter that plugs into the router first and then the phone line into the adpater?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It plugs in via adapter 

Hi scottyb1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Whilst we can't promise anything, due to the special circumstances, I'd like to see if we can bring this appointment forward for you. We will need to confirm some information with you and there is no guarantee. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. that we can but we can certainly try. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi scottyb1, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

Hopefully things will be sorted asap for you without the need of the engineer visit. 

Keep us posted here and if you need any further help - you know where we are 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Well was really hoping landline would have sprung into life by now I know its been only 24hrs since fault has been escalated but technician who came round thought highly likely just software issue and could hopefully be fixed by techno bod via computer. However came across this on Virgin website so am I entitled to some compensation as should have been up and working on 24th ?

What happens if there is a delay in switching my landline number?

Hopefully everything goes smoothly, but if we can’t switch your landline number by the day we’ve told you, you may be entitled to compensation if it’s delayed beyond one working day.

If your number switch is delayed beyond one working day, please contact us.

To be entitled to compensation, there are some criteria that will need to be met:

• You’ll have to be switching to Virgin Media from another provider

• The phone line for the number is still active with the previous provider

• You’re not at fault for the delay in the switch

• Your current provider has not unduly delayed the switch

If these criteria are met, we’ll pay you as a one-off credit on your next bill.

We’ll work out the amount by taking your monthly landline package cost, dividing it by the number of days in the month and then multiplying by the number of days the switch is delayed (Minimum credit is £3)

Hi Scottyb1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

All compensation is automated now so once the fault has been resolved, the account will be assessed. If eligible then the compensation is applied to your bill. If not then no compensation is payable. 

It will depend on what the issue is. Keep us posted on how things go and if you need any further help, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank U heres hoping much as enjoy our chats and u have been very helpful I will be glad when all working fine seemed to have had nothing but probs

Thanks you for your kind comments scottyb1. 

Fingers crossed this is the last thing to be sorted and you can start to enjoy your services instead. 

In the meantime, you know where we are if you do need us. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Well unfortunately the saga continues as the 48hrs had passed since fault escalated my partner not very happy so rang up again since u kindly put as a lifeline customer the advisor got a technician out today after changing 3 hubs and adapter he came to the same conclusion as the technician that installed service and fault is not on our end he rang whatever dept he had to tell them this who didn't believe him until he rang up again got someone different who finally admitted that yes problem is there end ! I now have to wait another 48hrs for them to supposedly fix please excuse my scepticism but getting bit frustrated now only plus is 2 techs have proved on any doubt that problem is not at my end !