cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline

jojomac77
Joining in

Received a new virgin media television box on Friday and now landline phone not working. People calling me on landline yet it is going straight to voicemail. Not working to the point I can't even access voicemail. Any ideas virgin media?? 

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I visited a customer once who had this issue, they plugged in a old sky cable into the ethernet socket of the new TV box.

If you think it's related to your new TV box I would recommend you double check your wiring you installed and make sure you haven't plugged anything from your telephone line into the new box

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @jojomac77,

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

Is there anything listed on the service status page? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I actually didn't do the installing of the box, virgin media agent came out and hooked everything up for me so I didn't have to touch anything

Hi jojomac77, 

Thanks for coming back to us so quickly on this one and for clarifying how the install happened. 

When the engineer installed the landline, was this working after they left or has this been an issue since your install?

I've not been able to locate your account to run any checks so I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi jojomac77,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with the details I requested. 

Unfortunately this community is for UK customers only. We're not able to help with accounts in Ireland. 

You can get help and support by using these contact options: VM Ireland Contact Options

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs