cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline problems

Dave1235
Tuning in

Afternoon ,

My landline has stopped working, I can't make or receive calls, I do not receive many calls and do not know how long it's been out, I have checked the phone status and it says no problems for my postcode, I do not have another phone to check the line .... any ideas?

Cheers ...  Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dave1235,

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for 
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.

The Telephone line is showing as a local outage from here. 

As its just been reported it is not showing an estimated fix time yet from here or online.

If you can check here or call 0800 561 0061 from any other phone we can update you very shortly.

Or pop back on here and we can chase this up for you

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dave1235,

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for 
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.

The Telephone line is showing as a local outage from here. 

As its just been reported it is not showing an estimated fix time yet from here or online.

If you can check here or call 0800 561 0061 from any other phone we can update you very shortly.

Or pop back on here and we can chase this up for you

Gareth_L

Morning,

I've just checked the status of my phone and it still says there are no problems.   As this landline is my only phone and I suffer from Heart Failure I need to get this sorted asap ... 

Cheers  ...   Dave

Thanks for coming back to us Dave1235,

We have checked again this morning and we will need to book a technicians visit for you. I will pop you over a private message to get this arranged, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Dave1235,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi

Afternoon,

I have checked in Orders & appointments and there is nothing showing for today and the status still showing as no problem with the phone , can you check for me please.

Cheers  ...   Dave

Thank you for keeping us updated Dave1235. We can certainly check that for you. 

I will private message you to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Evening,

I was told by "Gareth L" that   " The telephone line is showing as a local outage from here "

Then by  "Jodi_S" that I needed a technicians visit ..

Then by "Martin_N" that if it was an area outage then the visit would be cancelled, and the technician sent to check the outage as that would be the cause of the problem , 

Martin_N has booked me a technicians visit for tomorrow, 

Can virgin media check  for a line outage from their end so the technician is sent to the right place and save time? 

Cheers  Dave

Hi Dave1235,

I am a Virgin Media Employee. That is how I have been able to book the technician visit in. 

The technician is booked in as it is needed for the fault. 

^Martin

Morning , 

Sorry for the confusion, but it sounded as if my technician visit would be cancelled if there was a line outage and he would be sent to check the outage, as you said it was an outage it would have been better if he went straight to the outage bit .  I have just seen the engineer checking the box on the wall outside , he's now gone  .....  and I presume he's checking the other end of the connection .

Cheer's  Dave