cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline number not ported

jitparmar
Joining in

I joined Virgin Media (TV, BB, Tel) and made sure there is four days overlap between Sky contract terminating and virgin media starting so that the land line was functional and ready to be ported.  I took this precaution as the failed to port my landline in the past.

When I started VM the agent told me not to worry the number will be ported.  when i signed up i took promise from the agent that the number has to be ported as changing my land line number has a grave detriment to my practice. (I  am a doctor and at least 2000 people have my land line number.)

Repeated phone calls and repeated reassurance they failed to port the number and now they say its too late as Sky closed th account and the number has disappeared in to the oblivion.  

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jitparmar

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Really sorry to hear of this happening. Please can you contact the previous provider and ask them to re-activate it, then let us know it's been done so we can raise a new request?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I did contact them three days after the end of contract with them and prepared to pay if they can activate the account, however the agent told me the account was closed and they have no way to rejuvenate. 

Thanks for coming back to us.

We can only port in active numbers, if they're able to activate it (you may need to speak to their telephony team) we can arrange the number port

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I would like to take this matter to ofcom ombudsmen as this happened twice with me and happened to many more in the community. 

Virgin also has no dignity to tell me they failed and give a reason why.

How do I take this matter further. 

I have advised you of the next steps with this. If they can activate the number we can arrange for it to be ported.

If not, sadly we cannot port it as it's a de-active number.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team