cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline not working

Deano04
Tuning in

Hi

Landlne not working, no dial tone, can't ring in or out.

My mothers phone in the same street has the same issue so pretty sure its something affecting the area but no phone problems showing on the service status.

My elderly mother relies on the landline and my father is seriously ill in hospital at the moment so its vital she can be contacted.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Deano04, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your landline has not been working for you.  And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you and your family. We've checked our systems and at this time, no area faults are showing.  For future reference, when you check for potential faults in your area here, that link would also allow you to login and book a technician if required.  Also, if you still have the traditional phone socket, connection you may find here and here, useful.  However, as you've reached out to us, I would love to have a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Apologies for the very late reply, unfortunately my father passed away and I'm busy sorting out his estate.

Thanks for booking the engineer, the phone has been fine since switching from the old socket and using the new box, weirdly mine has also fixed itself as well.

Only thing is now after going through the bills I've found she's paid £47 in call charges last month alone!

I need to get her on a better plan ASAP.

Hi @Deano04,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences.

Regarding your mother's package, it would be best to speak with our retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) about this as they will be able to outline what offers and options are currently available. Let us know how that call goes either way and if you need any further assistance from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Thanks for the reply, my brother managed to get through to change the account holder and they were very helpful and changed the package to a talk anytime for £1 less than she was paying before.

But today its all unravelled again, she has the same landline fault as before even though she is now connected via a hub, no dial tone, can't ring in or out.

The hub was originally just showing the white light, I tried re-booting the hub (twice) and after the start up sequence the phone light is now constantly flashing red, the phone says line cord disconnected, have tried it with another working phone and its the same.

Nothing is showing on the service status, is this going to need another engineer visit?

We are currently sorting out my dads estate and arranging the funeral so my mum needs a reliable landline.

Thanks

Hi Deano04, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're sorry to hear the landline isn't working at such a difficult time too. 😢

In order to check what's going on, it would be best for us to take a further look into things. I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials so we will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Deano04,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment, avoiding tomorrow. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

Not sure if you're referring to mine or my dads virgin media account but logged into both and no appointments showing so far.

Thanks

Hey @Deano04,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In order for me to confirm this for you I am going to need to invite you in for a quick private message, it will work the same as it id last time were you will see a message from me shortly in your purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks. Joe

Hey @Deano04,

Glad we could have that chat in private messages.

I'm happy your issue was resolved by a technician visit, if you do have any further issues please do reach out.

Thanks. Joe