cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline not working

DennisR2
Tuning in

landline no dial tone and cannot ring in from my mobile have tried another phone but still no dialing tone. Have nothing else connected to the phone socket any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message DennisR2, I have now booked you a visit for landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @DennisR2,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry about your landline.

How is it for you this morning? If it is still not working do let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley It is still not woking but the no dialing tone has been replaced by a high pitched squeal.

That doesn't sound pleasant DennisR2. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and book you the earliest available engineer to come take a look. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message DennisR2, I have now booked you a visit for landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DennisR2,

Thanks for letting us know that the tech has resolved this issue for you by updating your phone line to run from your router rather than the older copper line. Please don't hesitate to post again if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help if needed :). 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you.  

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Carley