cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline not working

jimbo16
Joining in

landline not working.No dial tone& cannot receive calls.Caller hears it ringing.i have tried a corded phone & tried the test socket still not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jimbo16,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your landline isn't working, have you removed everything from the socket including any extensions or filters and try a standard phone straight into the socket?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jimbo16,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your landline isn't working, have you removed everything from the socket including any extensions or filters and try a standard phone straight into the socket?

Regards

Paul.

yes i have unplugged everything & tried a corded phone

Hi Jimbo,

I will invite you into a private chat so I can help further and arrange a technician, if the technician come and the fault if the phone, extensions or anything other than a fault there will be a £25 call out charge, this is why we like to make sure everything has been checked.

I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jimbo16,

Thanks for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, glad I was able to arrange a technician for you, if you wish to cancel or reschedule, this can be done Via your Online Account.

If you need any further help please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Malcolmhodges
Joining in

I have exactly same problem. I have also tried the test socket. I do not have a corded phone to try.
I have tried getting assistance through 150 but cannot get past the “we are running tests on your line” phase. Tried hanging up as suggested but when I phoned back I went through the whole cycle again despite being told this wouldn’t happen. Tried waiting on line and then option 1 for “more help and assistance” just to be told “ thanks for your call” and disconnected! Tried again and ignored option 1 just to wait a few seconds before “thanks for your call” and disconnected again. Now resorting to this forum in an effort to get engineer booked. And yes I know there will be a charge if it’s my phones problem.

Hey @Malcolmhodges,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Are you plugged into your telephone wall socket or your broadband hub?

Regards,

Steven_L

The wall socket, I have tried the test socket as mentioned elsewhere and no signal.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Turned out to be one of those days! Lost broadband in the afternoon so tried 150 again and have booked engineer to visit to investigate frequent loss of broadband and loss of dial tone on landline in same visit.